Hire terms and conditions
Below are the current terms and conditions of hiring from Josephine Butler Technical Committee. By confirming a booking you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Tech Comm and "we" refers to Josephine Butler Technical Committee.
- The Hirer refers to you, the person who makes the booking.
- On hire refers to the period of time whilst the equipment on hire is in the care of the Hirer. This period covers the entire period between the delivery/pickup form being signed to the equipment being signed back in by Tech Comm.
- Late return refers to any return made later than 20 minutes after the agreed return time.
- Late collection refers to any hire collected later than 20 minutes after the agreed collection time.
- Late booking refers to any hire booked within 48 hours before collection
- You, the Hirer, are solely responsible for all hired gear while on hire. Josephine Butler JCR accept no liability for equipment on hire.
- In the event of loss, damage (excluding normal wear and tear or where the damage has been noted before collection), unauthorised modification or theft the Hirer is responsible for the replacement of the equipment or payment of the value of replacing the equipment . Any occurrence of loss, damage etc. must be reported to Tech Comm immediately upon discovery.
- You, are responsible for collecting and returning the equipment within a 20 minute window either side of the pickup and return times. Tech Comm cannot guarantee anyone will be available to dispatch or collect equipment outside of this window. If you become aware that you cannot make either of these times, please contact the Hires coordinator at least 2 hours beforehand to try to arrange alternate times if possible.
- Tech Comm will endeavour to accommodate the times you have chosen, however it may not be possible for equipment to be collected or returned in the times requested. In the event of this we will work to find a time which suits both parties. Late returns which are a result of a change of time by Tech Comm will NOT be liable to a fine.
- Late returns may be subject to fines as set out under the fines section.
- Late collections may result in a fine and/or cancellation of hire.
- Equipment must return clean and free of any residues caused by gaffer tape etc.
- Cables must returned neatly coiled and secured with electrical tape where a Velcro fastener is not provided.Failure to do so may result in a fine as set out under the fines section.
- All hires require a competent technician be involved. The definition of competent technician is at the discretion of the Tech Directors.
- All hires are at the discretion of the Tech Directors and Hire Coordinator.
- Late booking may result in a late booking fee which is at the discretion of the Hires Coordinator
- Payment must be made within 28 days of a VAT invoice being sent. Failure to do so may result in a fine as set out under the fines section.
- Payment can be made by cheque to "Josephine Butler College JCR" and handed to a member of Tech Comm or by bank transfer as specified on the VAT invoice.
|FINABLE ISSUE||MAXIMUM FINE|
|Loss, damage or any other event which renders the equipment inoperable or damaged||The value of the equipment as new|
|Cables not returned coiled and/or secured||£1 per cable|
|Late collection (Collection made later than 20 minutes after agreed collection time)||50% of hire cost or £20, whichever is higher|
|Late return (Between 20 minutes and 24 hours after the agreed return time, unless alternative arrangements have been made with Tech Comm)||75% of the value of a 2-day hire of the hired equipment|
Late return (Over 24 hours late unless alternative arrangements have been made with Tech Comm)
|The value of a 2-day hire for every day late, rounded up to the nearest day.|
|Late payment (After 28 days of VAT invoice being sent)||50% of the hire value per week late|
All fines are payable within 28 days.
These terms and conditions are version 1.1.1 last updated on 06/12/2018. Josephine Butler College Technical Committee reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time. You will be informed by email of any changes in the terms and conditions in the event of this occurring between booking and collection. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact one of the Tech Directors.
Josephine Butler Technical Committee is a part of Josephine Butler College JCR, Durham University, South Road, Durham, DH1 3DF.